Monday, February 12, 2007

new friends

My my, my space with 158,000,000 new friends, I will never be lonely again. As someone having been around long enough to remember crank box telephones and teletype machines, (no kids I do not remember smoke signals), this is truly an amazing new form of communication.

I have heard the argume nts pro and con for incorporating this program into library life, I think is must happen, but the "decider" on appropriate materials and applications is in for a challenge. As a concerned citizen, I have noted many things, pictures etc., on my space that are unacceptable for children, but having said that, it must also be noted that this is true for grafitti on walls and building in our cities and towns and even in many publications available everywhere.

This appears to be a wonderful tool, when properly used, with appropriate controls, that will greatly benefit Library and Patron.

Meanwhile I will be hanging out with my new friends 158,000,000, and counting.

2 comments:

Bobbi Newman said...

congrats on all your new friends! :)

You're right, myspace is like other places around us and needs to be monitored.

Tammy said...

Smoke Signals. Clara you are too funny!